Stakeholder consultations done by ETV activities so far revealed that recognition of a European ETV system beyond the EU
is a key issue for many vendors and technology developers.
Based on that fact the following two main objectives of Advance ETV are:
(1) Support the development of a EU ETV-system and its implementation
AdvanceETV will address this target through four sub-objectives:
(2) Bringing forward the development of a framework for international cooperation and mutual recognition
- Coordination, integration and dissemination of the results and knowledge of previous European projects and activities.
- Support the process from research to a European ETV system and to support best practice through the project activities.
- Integration and coordination of the European ETV system with existing and fully operating technology verification systems outside the EU.
- Establishment of efficient, interactive communication for enhancing international exchange of knowledge and
plans on ETV within the ETV community and with the stakeholders.
In order to achieve this target the following sub-objectives were defined:
- Preparation of a consensual framework for mutual recognition, e.g. by supporting international ETV activities by hosting of meetings.
Further activities are the coordination of the international efforts towards a framework for mutual recognition through compilation, negotiation and
integration of the requirements for recognition from the operating and emerging systems on an international scale.
- Preparation of protocols for cooperation between ETV systems through co-verification and joint verification as platform for mutual recognition.
- Development of a framework for further harmonisation, using the international framework of conformity assessment (standardisation).